Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Welcome to Vegan Good Things!

After many delays and false starts, I am finally, happily, optimistically launching Vegan Good Things. What better way to start off the new year than with a new project?

My hopes for this year and this blog are to simply share some good things with you. Good things that just happen to vegan. Whether you are a long-time, die-hard, militant vegan, a struggling vegan, a once-a-week-vegetarian, a curious omnivore, or even a bacon-lovin' carnivore who somehow ended up on this site by chance or accident, all are welcome here. Actually, those bacon-lovin' carnivores are even more welcome. They are the ones who need to see that vegan food can be fun, creative, wholly satisfying, and most importantly - fantastically delicious!

This is not the blog where you'll find recipes for sprout salads, though I do enjoy sprouts as well as salads. My tastes lean more towards the hearty, stick-to-your-ribs, comforty, savory, umami-packed dishes. Vegan pizzas. Vegan mac & cheese. Vegan curries. Being half-Thai, I love all kinds of Asian food, the spicier the better. I don't have a big sweet tooth, although I don't believe I've ever turned down a slice of vegan cheesecake. Or a cupcake. Or vegan chocolate, in any form. So maybe I do have a sweet tooth after all.

In addition to my own recipes, and testing out recipes from other sources, I plan to also write about vegan restaurants, stores, and events that take place here in NYC. There are a lot of great vegan blogs out there, and I hope to have something fun and fresh to add to the mix.

So happy 2010 everyone! Here's toasting to all things good & vegan in the New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Leinana! I'm excited about this forum and look forward to your posts! Love you...T!

    ReplyDelete