Sunday, May 16, 2010

Veggie Pride Parade!

Today was a beautiful, sunny, perfect day for the 3rd Annual Veggie Pride Parade here in NYC. It was my first year attending, and I was pleasantly surprised to see how many people showed up for the event. There was a great, positive energy from everyone at the parade, and I was happy to make some new vegan friends, including Dynise, author of The Urban Vegan and Melisser from The Urban Housewife. With the exception of one grumpy older gentleman, who kept yelling belligerently at people on the sidewalks to stop eating meat, everyone was warm, friendly, respectful, and full of veggie pride. It was a real pleasure to be in the midst of such a big group of people with such positive vibes. Here are some pics from today.

We walked with the fabulous Farm Sanctuary group.


Our favorite parade walker: Stella Adler






Look at all those veg-heads!



"I can't believe she's wearing a leaf bikini either!"

I wasn't the only one sporting Vaute Couture at the parade

The ALF group is pretty intense. I was just glad they weren't wearing their ski masks.

Tracye McQuirter of By Any Greens Necessary

3 comments:

  1. OMG....I love it they had a vegan pride parade....who knew....thanks for sharing and welcome to food buzz!!
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to meet you! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete