Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend Update: Rocky Road Ice Cream & Recipe Testing for The Blissful Chef


Hi everybody. I realized that I hadn't posted anything this week, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been busy whipping up delectable vegan creations over here. Oh no. While my husband has been glued to the boob watching the Tour de France* and the World Cup**, I've been a busy bee testing out recipes for The Blissful Chef, who has a new cookbook coming out in the near future. Oh, and I also made that amazing looking Rocky Road ice cream above with vegan marshmallows from Sweet & Sara, using the recipe in Lick It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love, which has become a sort of bible ever since we bought our ice cream maker a few months ago.

Because these recipes are forthcoming in her book, I can't print them here, but I can post some photos to whet your droolbuds until the new Blissful Chef book is out.


Oil-Free Baked Falafel with Vegan Tzatziki Sauce

Springtime Lemon Bars

BBQ Seitan (which I topped with some grilled peppers & onions)

Tempeh "Fish" Tacos with Mango Peach Salsa

Coming up this week from The Blissful Chef test recipes: Blissful Mediterranean Salad, Maple Pecan Scones, and MORE! Be sure to check The Blissful Chef's site for updates on her cookbook release.

*That isn't him in the green suit. I swear.
**Also not my husband.

7 comments:

  1. It all looks great but really I came for the ice cream... Which looks freakin' awesome! Definitely drooling over that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was upset that you couldn't see the marshmallows clearly enough... but it still looks pretty yummy, and it was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Your website is different and looks great. I am so interested in the lemon bars for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your pictures are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for more vegan ice cream ideas! Yesterday I made fresh raspberry with coconut milk. What do you usually use as the base for your ice creams? I am def going to pass along your site to some other vegan friends. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really been enjoying Christy's ebooks. Looking forward to the cookbook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke - I really recommend Lick It! and also The Vegan Scoop. Raspberry sounds delicious - my favorite base is definitely coconut milk. In fact I think I've used coconut milk (sometimes in combination with soy or other non-dairy milks) in every recipe I've tried so far. Strawberry with coconut milk was amazing too!

    ReplyDelete