Thursday, September 23, 2010

Gone Pie Goodies All Gone...In My Belly


I'm a pretty lucky gal. Probably much luckier than you, because a few days ago I got a special delivery from Gone Pie Vegan Bakery, full of treats to sample and share. A few weeks ago I had a chocolate chip cookie from Gone Pie at the Veggie Conquest event, and I have to say I've still been dreaming about that cookie. That cookie was the most perfect chocolate chip cookie I've ever eaten - soft and chewy on the inside, just crisp enough on the outside, heavenly. So needless to say, I was pretty freaking excited to try these new items.

I was also excited to share some of these goodies with my coworkers, whom I recently observed attacking one of these monstrosities known as the "Pizza Burger" from Burger King. They descended on these vegan goodies like a pack of wild wolves. Now you might say that maybe they just like free food, which is entirely true, but they were raving about how awesome everything tasted. Vegan outreach at its finest! Furthermore, Gone Pie specializes in gluten-free items, which made a gluten-intolerant coworker of mine literally jump for joy.

So what did we get? Check out the loot:

The goods. That is a glass of Vanilla Rice Dream in the corner. 
I was seriously prepared for my sampling duties.

 PUMPKIN BROWNIE! OMG PUMPKIN BROWNIE!
I really could not have been more thrilled to try out these pumpkin brownies. I cannot overemphasize how much I love pumpkin (with the holidays just around the corner, you will be subjected to my pumpkin mania), and chocolate...pumpkin & chocolate together...my head is spinning! These were so wonderfully spiced, rich, moist and gooey. Everything a brownie should be, but with pumpkin! And lucky for all of us, these pumpkin brownies are this month's special, so order some now! And get a glass of your favorite non-dairy milk ready, because you'll need it with these.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies were just as good as I remembered them, but I don't think the one I had before had white chocolate chips in it. Pretty much a perfect chocolate chip cookie. Full of chocolaty chunks & good for your soul.

Ginger Cookies (gluten-free)
These cookies were kind of a surprise hit. I mean, I like ginger cookies, but for some reason I only associate them with Christmas cookies. These were incredible!  I think most ginger cookies tend to be kind of hard and dry, and rely on ground ginger powder for the flavor, but these cookies were in a completely different universe. Soft & chewy, and with the most amazing fresh ginger flavor. Or it might have been candied ginger, I'm not sure. I am sure that these are my new favorite cookies (sorry chocolate chip).

Sesame Peanut Butter Cookies (gluten-free)
Or are these my new favorite cookies? I don't know. Sesame and peanut butter go so well together. Soft and chewy and peanut buttery on the inside, but with a nice crunch on the outside thanks to the sesame seeds. They kind of look like they're going to taste "healthy," but they taste just as indulgent as the other treats.

Zucchini Loaf
This was a nice foil to all the rich and decadent treats. Not too sweet, it was a nice, moist, dense cake (or bread?) that was very nicely spiced but also really let the fresh zucchini flavor shine through. I could eat this all the time and not feel guilty, because it has, like, vegetables in it, right?

 Peanut Butter Cups
But back to the rich & gooey. Who doesn't love a peanut butter cup? These are what those Reese's things dream of becoming when they grow up. Only problem with these is that they melt pretty quickly if you're holding them, so that means you have to get them into your mouth quickly. Terrible problem, I know.

It's so hard to decide what my favorite thing was. The conversation went something like this:
"Oh my god, those brownies are f***ing amazing."
"But those chocolate chip cookies are pretty good too. Those might be my favorite."
"Except those ginger cookies blew my mind. I think those are actually my favorite."
"I love peanut butter."
"Why did you eat the rest of that? I was only giving you a bite."
And so on. 

If you live in NY, you can find some Gone Pie goodies at Integral Yoga Natural Foods, otherwise check out the Gone Pie site for shipping information. Either way, go buy these. Buy them now.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! I would love to be able to order from Gone Pie!

    ReplyDelete