Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Good for the earth. Good for your body. Good for the animals. Vegan Things are GOOD.

I started this blog in December of last year not really knowing if anyone would find my writing, or cooking, to be of any interest. My hopes for this blog was to simply share some good things with you. Good things that just happen to be vegan. I proclaimed in my very first post, "Whether you are a long-time, die-hard, militant vegan, a struggling vegan, a once-a-week-vegetarian, a curious omnivore, or even a bacon-lovin' carnivore who somehow ended up on this site by chance or accident, all are welcome here." And that still holds true.

In addition to sharing good vegan things, I also hoped that this would be a site that just might inspire and help non-vegans, or new vegans, to see how joyful, delicious, and even decadent a vegan lifestyle can be. Because along with every vegan's most hated question, "How do you get enough protein?" frequently comes the second-most hated question, "So what DO you eat?"

This blog has never been about what a vegan does NOT eat. It is instead a celebration of all the good, fantastic, delicious things that a vegan DOES eat. Vegans DO eat things like:

fragrant Lime Peanut Noodles with Seitan, Bok Choy, & Carrots

smoky, crunchy Coconut Bacon BLT's

juicy, flavorful Seitan Souvlaki Skewers with Tzatziki

earthy & satisfying Beet & Brown Rice Burgers (with tater tots, of course)


colorful, saffron-kissed Stovetop Paella

spicy, exotic Indonesian Corn Fritters with Mango Chutney

rich & creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake

and truly decadent RAW ice cream sundaes!

It is with all this in mind that I officially enter the Project Food Blog competition, the first ever interactive competition with more than 1800 food bloggers competing in a series of challenges to be named the next "Food Blog Star." There's no reason to think that a vegan can't win this competition. I hope to prove that vegan food can be just as creative, sophisticated, and delicious - even more so! - as any other food out there. So in the coming weeks, I hope that you will continue to support (and vote!) for my entries, and maybe I'll manage to pick up some new fans along the way. If nothing else, I promise that I'll deliver plenty of vegan good things for you to enjoy.

Voting is open now! If you like this post, please vote here and help send me to the next round! xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Coconut bacon? OK, you've hooked me. Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dishes look delish!!!!!! I will come back to try some of your recipes soon!!! You have my vote! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful to find your blog. I'm on a mission to vote for all the vegan/veggie blogs in the contest, and you've definitely got mine! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for the votes & the kind words! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pics... I am glad I found you thru PFB and hope we both get to advance to the next round.
    Check out my post and let me know what you think too...

    http://www.foodbuzz.com/project_food_blog/challenges/1/view/250

    ReplyDelete
  6. your food and the dishes you put them on are beautiful. you should be a food stylist! you got my vote!
    http://www.foodbuzz.com/project_food_blog/challenges/1/view/600

    ReplyDelete