Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Morning Catch-Up & Some Good Links


Have you heard about Pinnacle yet? Last night we attended a fundraiser for the new anti-fur initiative Pinnacle, which is the dreamchild of everyone's favorite vegan guru, Joshua Katcher of The Discerning Brute. The fundraiser also doubled as Joshua's 30th birthday party, so there were two reasons to celebrate, and three cakes from Vegan Treats to help with the celebrating.

The concept of Pinnacle is quite simple: to reinvent the iconic anti-fur pin. Anyone and everyone can participate. Just go here to see how you can get involved create your own anti-fur pin (or any kind of accessory). Also make sure to check out the online issue of the Pinnacle magazine here, but be warned that in addition to the beautiful faces of vegan models Karolina & Adam (pictured above) are graphic images that are meant to remind and inform people about where fur actually comes from.

And while I'm in the sharing mood, I'll share some good links with you to the most drool-worthy of the recent posts I've come across:
photo from Veggie Belly
  • Hawaii has a special place in my heart. My husband & I got married on the island of Kauai, and we've been going back every other year for our anniversary. So when I saw Chef Chloe's Mahalo Mud Pie, I swooned. Partly because I imagined eating it in Hawaii, partly because it looks so ridiculously good. 
 photo from Chef Chloe Blog
  • And finally I have to share with you the most amazing Halloween food-themed post I've ever seen. This is the kind of stuff I wish I could come up with myself, except that I'm not crafty or imaginative enough. This Ghostly Dead Man dinner from Wing-It Vegan and all of their other Halloweegan ideas are so adorable, er, I mean SPOOKY! Frighteningly delicious.
photo from Wing-It Vegan

4 comments:

  1. Thank YOU Naomi for always coming up with such delicious creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on all of these great links! It's amazing how many fabulous vegan blogs are out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the awesome shoutout! I want a bowl of feijoada, and then a slice of cake and pie, please! :D

    ReplyDelete