Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vegan Doughnut Launch Party! DOUGHNUTS PEOPLE!

Photo by Ryan Pfluger via Dun-Well Doughnuts
Who are these dapper dans? Why, they are Dan and Christopher, the newest vegan doughnut-making mavens on the NY scene.  Their soon-to-launch company Dun-Well Doughnuts specializes in vegan yeast-risen doughnuts, which are the "gold standard" among doughnut lovers and described as "light, fluffy, and sweet doughnuts that melt a little with each bite."

You might remember what a doughnut lover I am, and to say that I am excited about these new treats is an understatement. I'm turning into Homer over here, just thinking about these doughnuts. I have it on good authority that lemon poppyseed will be one of their flavors, and peanut butter & jelly another. Peanut butter & jelly doughnuts??!! I think I've died and gone to heaven.

So by now I'm sure you're on the edge of your seats wondering when and where you can get your greedy little hands on some of these sweet little gems. You're in luck, because they're having a launch party on February 2nd at Moo Shoes, where we'll not only get to taste these doughnuts but we'll also have treats from Lula's and cocktails from NY's first all-vegan bar, Pine Box Rock Shop. What more incentive do you need, people? I'll see you there!

9 comments:

  1. I don't think I can properly describe how excited I am about this. Eeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have to be crazy to say 'no' to free vegan donuts. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am coming to New York to look at the Natural Gourmet Institute in Feb.!!!!
    What are some places that I can't miss?!
    I trust your foodie judgement
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sweetliketea - So excited for you to check out Natural Gourmet! The places you have to go to splurge are Blossom, Candle Cafe, and if you really want to splurge, Pure Food & Wine. If you have time to go to Williamsburg, you MUST go to Foodswings for the best vegan fast food! Lan Cafe for vegan Vietnamese is another current favorite of mine too. And you absolutely MUST get treats from Babycakes & Lula's Sweet Apothecary! Let me know when you are coming - there are so many more places to recommend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *wipes chin* I really wish I was in NY for this! And now I want to go to Williamsburg as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM!! My favorite donuts are chocolate long johns (they are like eclairs but no cream). Though your vanilla chai spice donut sounds sensational - I ♥ chai =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog. These two donut-making chaps are adorable! Though I doubt they do, a large part of me hopes they dress like that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to go when I'm around in March!

    ReplyDelete