Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oscar Noms 10 & 9: "Shrimp & True Grits" and "The King's Peach Cobbler"

I've been super excited to kick off my Oscar Noms series, which will be recipes posted from now until Feb. 27th, counting down the 10 Best Picture Oscar Nominations. Food puns are fun! Also, I'm a dork!

I was inspired to do this series after seeing the brilliant ideas on Serious Eats last year. I mean, look at these Avatarts! Inglourious Custards! Up in Eclairs! If there are two things I love, it's food and the movies. I was actually a Visual Communications / Film major in college, and I consider myself a pretty serious film buff. And you may have noticed that I like to eat. So a film / food mashup is right up my alley. In fact, I should start another blog that is entirely based on film/food puns... oh, if only there were more hours in the day.

At any rate, the first post of the series comes straight from the VGT archives (but don't worry, the rest will be new recipes I'm testing out). Oscar Nom #10 is my recipe for "Shrimp & True Grits" in honor of the film True Grit. This one was actually the first one I came up with, and kickstarted this whole series.


And for dessert? Oscar Nom #9 is "The King's Peach Cobbler," for The King's Speech. See? I told you food puns are fun!


Stay tuned for more Oscar Noms, coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Very clever puns, and they look delish too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, right now Shrimp & True Grits would be my Food Oscar pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm the peach cobbler looks delicous! and if I had to pick the Kings Speech would win it for me too!

    ReplyDelete