Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ok. I haven't been cooking much lately. But I've been eating!

In my last post I explained that I haven't been cooking much because my sister was visiting us for a month, and we spent a lot of time running around and taking her to different restaurants. My sister has now returned home, but I've been finding it hard to get back into my groove in the kitchen. I promise you that I'm slowly getting inspired again and will be trying some new recipes soon, but I feel guilty for not posting more often. All that I can offer you right now are these pictures that I just cleared off my phone - it's a peek at the good vegan eats I've been having over the past month or so!

Smoky Tempeh Avocado Wrap from Blossom du Jour

Meatball Parm from 'Snice

Tofu Scramble Wrap from 'Snice

I did cook! I made rice noodles with veggies & Thai red curry

 Rosemary Grilled Seitan Salad from Jivamuktea Cafe

Soy Bacon Cheeseburger from Cafe Blossom

 French Toast from Cafe Blossom

An incredible Ethiopian meal at Awash

No visit to NY is complete without a banana split from Lula's Sweet Apothecary!

Or a piece of chocolate cake from Cocoa V!

And to top off a truly decadent month, some chocolates...

and some chocolate-dipped strawberries, also from Cocoa V.

As you can see, we've gone a little crazy eating out for the past month, and I can barely button my pants as a result of it all. I've been eating a lot of steamed veggies since my sister went home, but that's not really worth blogging about. Expect some healthy, clean, light & simple recipes soon!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Look at all that fantastic food! Glad you had a delicious month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to "see" you! Your ears should have been burning a few weeks ago -- we had a NYC blogger meet up and wanted you to join us. But you were enjoying a month of vegan eats and treats with your sister...what fun!

    I'm looking forward to your light and simple recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The finer things in vegan life...Soy Bacon Burgers and Cocoa V Chocolate. Looking forward to your lighter recipes, but don't forget that every now and then a girl needs a banana split.

    ReplyDelete