Friday, February 17, 2012

Oscar Noms #4: The Tartist


Yes, I do realize that for this Oscar Noms series I already posted a chocolate pudding pie, and this is another chocolate pie tart, and I did consider making a fruit tart but it was Valentine's Day and a fruit tart just seemed a little, I don't know, not quite passionate enough. That's right. The love I have for my husband can only be represented by this sinfully rich and decadent chocolate raspberry filling.

Like the chocolate pudding pie, I found the recipe for this amazing Chocolate Raspberry Tart in Vegan Pie in the Sky, which is quickly becoming my favorite cookbook. The tart was really quite easy to make, as the filling is composed of only coconut milk, coconut oil, chocolate, and mashed up fresh raspberries. The shortbread crust is perfectly crisp and buttery, and also quite easy to make as you just press the dough into your pie pan (instead of having to roll it out). The only thing is that you have to plan ahead, as the dough needs to be frozen and then baked and cooled before you prepare the filling.

This was a perfect Valentine's Day dessert. It would have been nice if we'd been able to go out and see a movie, like The Artist, for our date, but on second thought, staying in with my sweetie and having that second slice of Chocolate Raspberry Tart was much, much better.

2 comments:

  1. *wipes drool off keyboard*...alright, I GUESS I'll go buy that silly Vegan Pie In the Sky.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice idea.. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete