Friday, May 25, 2012

It's Easy Being Cheesy!



I wanted to share my latest obsession with you - Punk Rawk Labs Nut Milk Cheese. So far, I have to say that this is the best spreadable vegan cheese I have ever tasted! Punk Rawk Labs is a small living foods company based in Minneapolis, offering kale chips and nut milk cheeses. Their cheeses are available for order online at Vegan Essentials, and at a very limited number of retail outlets around the country. If you're in NY, you can find it at Live Live and Organic and at the One Lucky Duck Chelsea Market location.

I tried both the plain Cashew cheese and the Herb Macadamia cheese. Both are delicious and have a soft, spreadable texture that is perfect for bread or crackers, but I especially liked the herb flavor. Because they follow a process similar to making dairy cheese, I found that it had a nice, familiar tangy quality. It's subtle, but satisfying. And definitely addictive. I could have easily finished the whole container, but at $10 a pop, I was trying to ration it out. It's worth the splurge, I assure you.


This cheese definitely makes an elegant and tasty addition to any vegan cheese platter, like you see here, along with our other favorite, Dr. Cow's raw nut milk cheese. All you need is some vegan wine to go with and you'll have yourself a party!


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, I've wanted to try a nut milk cheese for so long! When the time comes to choose, I always just play it safe and go with Daiya --- I'll have to give it a go next time! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete