Monday, February 4, 2013

Oscar Noms #4: S'Amour Pudding


This Oscar Noms entry is a play on Amour and s'mores, which is appropriate because I amour me some s'mores. That doesn't make sense grammatically, but I think you get what I am trying to say. Who doesn't love the combination of chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers? It brings back memories of camping out with friends, sitting around a fire playing music and telling ghost stories and eating food that you roast on a stick, like Field Roast sausages and Sweet & Sara marshmallows.

Speaking of friends, my friend Annie, whom you surely know as the vegan Betty Crocker of Meet the Shannons fame, has just released her first vegan cookbook, Betty Goes Vegan. She and her husband Dan worked long and hard on this book, and I am so proud of them and their achievement. I will soon post a longer review of their book after I manage to test some more recipes, but the first one I made is this S'Mores Pudding. A deconstructed and elevated version of the classic s'mores, this is a thick, rich chocolate hazelnut pudding topped with roasted marshmallows and a sticky, crunchy graham cracker crumble. It's decadent and delicious and will definitely have you wanting s'more. (See what I did there?)

Stay tuned for more Oscar Noms and more goodies from Betty Goes Vegan!


No comments:

Post a Comment