Sunday, July 13, 2014

Doughnut. Ice Cream. Sundaes. Need I say more?



What is this thing of beauty, you ask? Well let me tell you! This, my dears, is a Dunwell Doughnut ice cream sundae! I'm sure you've all have heard by now of the award-winning vegan doughnuts from this super cute shop in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. But you may or may not know that you can also get a doughnut topped with vegan (of course) ice cream, chocolate sauce, sprinkles, and then pass out from the excitement of it all. Oh it is so difficult to be a deprived vegan, living off nuts and berries, isn't it? 

The obscenely decadent and delicious creation above was a pistachio doughnut topped with orange vanilla ice cream, the ice cream totally reminiscent of, but even better than, the Creamsicle memories of my childhood. And the one below (did you think I was going to share?) was a vanilla sprinkle doughnut with a scoop of cherry vanilla. So good it should be illegal.


And just in case you aren't ready to run out the door and race over to Dunwell, I'll also share this pic of my Mother's Day morning assortment. Clockwise, starting from top left: French Toast, Strawberry (I think? It was a while ago), Vanilla with Chocolate Sprinkles, Chocolate Glazed, Peanut Butter and Jelly filled, and Pistachio. 


Ok, so I did share. Just a little bit.

So this is ice cream, you say? I think I like this stuff.

Dunwell Doughnuts
222 Montrose Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11206

3 comments:

  1. Donut sundaes?! Arghhh! YUM. Those donuts look delicious, and your little bubba is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is even more scrumptious than a donut sundae. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow this look delectable. Thanks for this wonderful post :)

    ReplyDelete